Saturday, October 20, 2007

Daddy's Travel Season Begins

Daddy has entered his busy travel season. . .he travels from now until the beginning of December.  One of the neat things about Matt being out of town is that I have had some time to commit some Scripture to memory.  Here are a couple verses that have really impacted me this week:

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.  And pray for us, too that God may open a door for our message so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I (Paul) am in chains.  Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should.  Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders: make the most of every opportunity.  Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone".  Col. 4: 2-6

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.  Forgive as the Lord forgave you.  And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.   Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.  And be thankful.  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God".  Col. 3:12-16  

Oh, I forgot to share about one of the big events this week.  We said bye bye to Sally II.  The Wells' can't seem to keep fish alive!  Of course Daddy was out of town, so Mommy had to do the flushing honors.  Thankfully, Madeline has not seemed to notice that Sally is missing.  Sally really became a thing of the past once Sarah the hermit crab entered the picture.  I hate not to tell Madeline about Sally, but she had such a hard time when our neighbor's dog died a few months ago.  I think we might be making up a story about how Sally swam off to the sea to make a family (a similar story to what my parents told me when my bunny died at the same age).  At the rate we are going, I don't think we can keep this Sally III, IV, V. . .thing up.  


As a fun way to start the weekend, we met Ms. Tara, Riley and Tyler at Dunkin Donuts on Friday morning.  Ryan had a cinnamon donut and his face was precious by the time he had eaten it all, as he was coated with powder from his forehead to his chin.  And Madeline loves herself some pink frosted donuts.  The girl is just like her momma with her sweet tooth.

Here is my sweet Ry Ry with his LAST gallon of whole milk.  In one week he will be two.  My heart is broken to say goodbye to my baby, but I love getting to know my little boy.  And this boy is constant activity with a fun, happy disposition.  He is saying some cute things right now like, "Uh-oh police", "Oh Mannnnn", and "Where Daddy?".  All week long, I heard "Where Daddy?".  He really misses his wrestling partner (Daddy) when he's gone.  And please pray for Matt and me as we raise him up and seek wisdom on moulding and disciplining him.  He is so different from Madeline, testing every boundary and so physical.  Good thing he is so stinking cute!

No comments: