Monday, November 12, 2007

Grandpa and GG Come for a Visit

The Wells' have had a whirlwind of a week. Daddy traveled all week. Grandpa came to visit on Wednesday and left Friday morning. And GG arrived Friday evening and left on Monday morning. It was wonderful.

The more Matt travels, the more I am realizing how important it is for Ryan to have Daddy around. He really needs someone to rough house and wrestle with, and I just don't do it like Daddy. Though Ryan is one of the joys of our souls, we have been struggling daily with disciplining him. He is adamant about exerting his independence and telling us no. Little does he realize that Mommy and Daddy are far more stubborn than he! Though Matt and I grow weary of disciplining him we are pressing on, knowing that the future fruit far outweighs the present momentary struggles.

This morning, right after Ryan woke up, Matt called me upstairs to ask me about a large water mark on the carpet. I was perplexed by it and touched it. It was warm!!! That of course only means one thing in a home with a toddler in a diaper. . .it was pee-pee. I pulled Ryan toward me and realized that under his half zipped pj's was a diaper that was only half on. Thankfully Matt noticed the spot before we noticed a smell!


Madeline and Ryan enjoy some special cuddle time with Grandpa. Clasped in Madeline's hand is Jasmine's head. Grandpa gave her a Jasmine doll that has not left her side since she got it on Wednesday. Jasmine is even taking baths and having her hair french braided. Ryan, of course, has a ball obsession.
Ryan and Madeline both took terms listening to Grandpa's heart. It is fun to listen to since his metal mitral valve makes an audible clicking sound.
Madeline enjoys a sweet hug from Grandpa. Of course, Jasmine is right by her side.
Ryan is usually a bit slow to warm up to people, but he remembered GG as soon as she walked through our door and he could not get enough of her all weekend. As we watched Dora the Mermaid movie, Ryan cuddled close to GG. And GG loved every moment of it.

GG is the most energetic "30" year old I know (she of course would die, yes have a heart attack, if I shared her actual age)! Ryan and Madeline had so much fun with GG. Saturday was so fun! We started the day at the Durham Life Science Museum. We had a great time looking through all the exhibits, playing in the wooden forts, petting the animals, and watching the bugs. This trip we learned a very important lesson. . .turkey's have VERY sharp beaks. If one doubts that, just ask Madeline about her finger's encounter with the turkey's beak. After the Museum, we headed to Costco for luch. . .GG and Mommy LOVE Costco for lunch. Next we toured Duke and drove through UNC and ended the evening at the play area at the Steets of Southpoint. It is always so fun when my mom comes to visit. I always get sad watching her drive away, even though she still gets on my nerves every once in a while (I know you're reading this mom :)).
Here is Madeline with the webkin that GG and Grandpa Steve got her. She loves it and is enjoying taking care of Owl (don't ask me, I have NO idea why she named it Owl, except that at the Museum we saw owls). On Sunday we had some girl time. The three of us went to Jason's Deli for lunch and then did a bit of shopping. Jason's Deli is Mommy and Madeline's favorite place to eat because of the free frozen yogurt! Madeline also loves the root beer. I cannot get enough of my sweet girl. She is so loving and so stinking funny. She knows how to joke and how to make Mommy and Daddy laugh, and I mean really laugh.

No comments: