Sweet Madeline had her four year appointment with the doctor today. I was really impressed at how good she was at following directions. The doctor and nurse asked her to do many tasks, some easy, some hard, and she listened intently and performed each task. I was also really impressed by her boldness and confidence. For years she has been very shy, but she is beginning to change. Though she is not warm to strangers (for which I am thankful), she is confident with people she knows. It makes me so proud to see her grow up. I am so thankful to the Lord for the gift of motherhood.
Madeline LOVES Jason's Deli, as I have blogged about before. She actually just loves the root beer and frozen yogurt. I told her that if she made it through nap time without sucking her thumb, I would take her to Jason's Deli for lunch the next day. Well, about 15 minutes after I put her down, she ran down the stairs and told me that she was awake and did not suck her thumb and was ready to go to Jason's Deli. What a clever little girl!!! But, she failed to pull the wool over her mamma's eyes. :)
1 comment:
For the record, her grandma sucked her thumb until she was 7 years old and bribed with a big-girl manicure. I can still remember the excitement of that manicure...probably comparable to root beer and yogurt at Jason's Deli! Good luck. I know it's for the best, but my sympathies are with Madeline! She's more mature than her grandma was so she'll undoubtedly succeed in giving it up. I love hearing about her success at her checkup. Love to all.
Post a Comment