Situations like this just confirm my desire to home school the children when they are young. It is Matt's and my desire to build them up in character and the esteem they have in the Lord, and not to be shaped and molded by the children around them, whether that's the behavior other children model or the way other children treat our children. I definitely think Ryan could hold his own in peer situations, but I can see Madeline really withering under teasing. She has such a sweet and tender spirit. And right now she is such a follower, doing anything someone older or bossier tells her to do. And while I think Ryan can hold his own, I can see him getting in lots of trouble, as he tries to keep up with older boys and prove himself. I'm excited to start our home school adventure next year.
Well, Ryan has tinkled in the potty three times in 24 hours! The only problem is that he either tinkles on my hands or my shirt and pants. This morning I REALLY tried to point him in the right direction, but I quickly realized that he enjoyed seeing his tinkle going in different directions. Thus, it is essential to go to Target today and get the boys' pee pee guard. No more pee pee on Mommy!!! Right now I'm sitting here typing, smelling of pee pee. . .
Shows over. . .off to play with the kiddos. Matt and I are going on a date this morning and I am SO excited!!! We are actually going go carting. . .I think he has no idea what a wimp I will be. Maybe I will surprise him! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment