Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tidbits from Virginia

If you don't have children, you are sick of hearing about moms talk on and on about potty training. And if you do have children who have been or are being potty trained, you know why we talk about it so much. So. . .here I go. Ryan is doing great, much better than I ever expected. He has not had a single accident in 4 days. So what do I do today? I put him in big boy pants and take him to Kohls 0.3 miles away to quickly return and purchase something. What does the boy do? Pee on the carpet of Kohls' shoe department (for those of you in NC, do not fear, this happened in Virginia :)). Back to training pants. And here's a story from last Saturday. . .we were out and about much longer than anticipated. After lunch, I took Ryan and Madeline to the bathroom with me. I had to go very badly, so I went first and then I put Ryan on to see if he had to go (I did not flush before putting Ryan on). Guess who fell in (hint, it was neither Madeline nor I)? Here we are 20 minutes from home at a mall and Ryan is soaking wet. Thankfully, it was very hot last Saturday, so he quickly dried in the sun and we then headed home.

Since we are in Virginia accompanying Matt on a business trip, Matt's mom took the children for the afternoon and overnight on Sunday so that Matt and I could have a whole evening to ourselves at Matt's hotel. It was WONDERFUL!!!!! We went to the gym together and then met our best friends, Bobby and Lanie for dinner. Afterwards, we shared a large Mint Oreo Blizzard from DQ and sat outside talking with Bobby and Lanie for at least an hour. The next morning we awoke at 4:50, headed to the gym, and then had a wonderful breakfast while reading the paper. It was SO refreshing and we cannot wait to do it again.

Yesterday we headed to Ashburn for a visit with Aunt Christie and cousin Zack. Of course everyone was a little shy at first, but within an hour all the children were playing like best buds...to be continued!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh, the potty disasters. VERY funny. Sounds like he's getting there, though!

Glad you guys are having such a good time!

Windot said...

Um, I LOVE The fact that when you and Matt had a night together you guys worked out twice!!! ha ha! LOVE it. Thanks for your kind words!!