This morning I painted Madeline's nails. About an hour after they dried she came up to me and said, "Mommy, we need to always keep my nails painted. It makes me not pick my nose and eat them" (of course she was referring to boogies). I, of course, had to use every ounce of strength not to hysterically laugh, as she was being serious and was offering up a solution to a socially unacceptable behavior. And while I knew that her finger often made its way up her nose, I did not know that it then went into her mouth.
Over the last few months Maddie and Ry have been sleeping in the same room. They alternate between Ry's room and Maddie's room. Tonight they are in Maddie's room, sharing her full bed. When I went in to check on them, Madeline had her legs and arms draped over her brother. Such a funny sight. Of course that would not be tolerated by Ry if he was conscious. I love the friendship they are developing. I pray that they will be like iron sharpening iron for each other and that they will be good friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment