On Monday, Madeline and I were driving somewhere and she asked me how I was going to get home. I was perplexed by this question and asked her why she wanted to know. She said that I did not have a GPS, so she did not know how I was going to get home. I burst out laughing as soon as she said this, and then I asked her what she knew about GPS's. She reminded me that GG and Grandpa Steve have one and it tells them where to go. I love her inquisitive mind. As we are homeschooling and reading, she has so many questions about the meaning of words. It is so special to watch her mind grow and expand.
Friday, January 30, 2009
A Visit with GG and Grandpa Steve
I love when Mom comes to visit!!! The only problem is that it is never long enough. And I am so grateful for her husband, who treats me like a daughter, and more importantly, loves my babies as his own grandbabies. Both Madeline and Ryan adore their GG and Grandpa Steve. On Friday we visited the Raleigh Science Museum for storytime and meet the animals. We got to pet a dove, a snake, and a bunny. The kids loved it and so did we. And, of course, we went to Costco for lunch (anyone who knows me, knows my love for Costco). That night, Matt and Steve stayed up until 1:30 debating politics. . .thankfully, my mom and I made it to bed much earlier. On Saturday, GG and Grandpa Steve took Madeline out to her favorite breakfast place. . .Bojangles, for a blueberry biscuit. Madeline loved this special time with GG and Grandpa Steve, and Matt and I loved having special time with Ry. Our sweet boy is a little chatterbox when his sister is not around. It's so cute. One of his favorite things is to take us to his room and have conversations about superheroes, while he points out the different ones on his Marvel poster.
On Monday, Madeline and I were driving somewhere and she asked me how I was going to get home. I was perplexed by this question and asked her why she wanted to know. She said that I did not have a GPS, so she did not know how I was going to get home. I burst out laughing as soon as she said this, and then I asked her what she knew about GPS's. She reminded me that GG and Grandpa Steve have one and it tells them where to go. I love her inquisitive mind. As we are homeschooling and reading, she has so many questions about the meaning of words. It is so special to watch her mind grow and expand.
Ry's favorite present was his Transformer set; it came with a tent, sleeping bag and flashlight. He actually slept in his bedroom in the tent, on the floor in the sleeping bag. . .with the flashlight on, that night.
Madeline loved her vet doll. All of her stuffed animals went to the vet last weekend. My mom and Steve are so generous!
On Monday, Madeline and I were driving somewhere and she asked me how I was going to get home. I was perplexed by this question and asked her why she wanted to know. She said that I did not have a GPS, so she did not know how I was going to get home. I burst out laughing as soon as she said this, and then I asked her what she knew about GPS's. She reminded me that GG and Grandpa Steve have one and it tells them where to go. I love her inquisitive mind. As we are homeschooling and reading, she has so many questions about the meaning of words. It is so special to watch her mind grow and expand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment