For dinner we had chicken nuggets, fish sticks, bananas and apples. Definitely not the healthiest, but I was not in the mood to cook. I am so used to my children who eat and are quickly ready to be excused. Have any of you sat through a meal with Jackson. The boy savors each bite. I think we sat around the table for 30 minutes while he ate 1 nugget, 1 fish stick, and 1 small apple slice. I love seeing different personalities in children. Courtney told me that he had never eaten a fish stick. I put one on his plate and thought he could try it if he wanted to. When he was done with his nugget, he chose the fish stick instead of another nugget. It was funny to watch his first bite. I could tell that he knew it tasted different, and he was pondering it. I did not say anything and before I knew it, he was eating more of it. One of my favorite things, is to watch children experience "firsts". Oh. . .I also introduced Jackson to the Twinkie (Courtney, don't worry, it was not a whole one. . .just part :)). It was hilarious. At first he wanted NOTHING to do with it. He accused me of trying to feed him cheese. Ryan and I pleaded with him to take a bite. We both told him that he would like it. After having him smell it and telling him it was like cake, he decided to take a bite. He then excitedly exclaimed, "I like this". And after stuffing the rest of it in his mouth, he said, "Ms. Yaren, can I have more cake". So. . .the boys and Mommy had some fun last night!
Friday, February 27, 2009
Time with Friends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Miss Yaren, Jackson woke up today and informed me that it was my birthday (its not) and that he was making me a cake...then he pointed at the "cake" (aka twinkie) you gave him to take home, and announced he was ready to eat it.
Can you tell he only gets sweets for special occasions? ;)
Post a Comment