Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What Did we Do in NoVa?


Our trip begin with GG treating Madeline to a full scale manicure and pedicure. As you can see, Madeline even soaked her hands in warm, soapy water and had spacers placed between her toes. Spoiled by GG, you think? :)
Auntie Manda was fun, fun, fun at the playground. Here she wheels Ryry round and round on the spinner. Auntie Manda was MUCH more fun than Mommy, who kept saying, "sorry, I can't do that because of my back". I never realized how much fun I have with my sweet ones at the playground. I miss pushing them and chasing them through slides and running after them. In time. . .
Whoa! Check out how high Auntie gets Maddie.
Ry and Auntie bond with some swinging.

Hanging with Grandpa Steve.
GG and Grandpa Steve love to treat Maddie and Ry to rides on the carousel. I think GG and Grandpa actually love the excuse to ride the beautiful horses!


After taking Maddie and Ry to see, Night at the Museum II, GG brought the children for a real visit to the museum and the Lincoln memorial. They loved seeing everything from the movie. They were also treated to astronaut ice cream. . .a favorite of mine from childhood (growing up in NoVa, you ALWAYS go on field trips to the Smithsonian).
We kicked off our 4th of July celebrations with a great parade in DC, off the Palisades Parkway. It was a parade where candy flowed from start to finish. Of course, Maddie and Ry LOVED it. My favorite part of these parades is always the men and women dancing from Central America. Their costumes and their dances are amazing.

Thank you for such a wonderful time!!!

No comments: