Friday, September 10, 2010

My Sea Adventurer

Every summer GSK puts on a program called Science in the Summer for children.  This year Madeline got to participate.  She learned all sorts of interesting things about the ocean, and its plants and animals.  On the last day, the parents were invited to attend and we got to watch a short presentation.  My sweet, courageous girl got up in front of everyone and boldly shared her part of the presentation.  I was so proud of her.  I am constantly in awe of her strengths and abilities.

As a reward for successfully completing the class, Madeline got to pick out her own shark tooth.  One might not know this about Madeline, but the girl LOVES finding shark teeth.  Every time we go to the beach, she combs the sand looking for shark teeth.  Everyone once in a while she gets lucky.    
Madeline and I are sharing an iPod (it's hers, but I have some sermons uploaded on it).  This picture is my attempt at a quiet time.  I retreated to the music room with my Bible, journal and the iPod.  Moments later, I was joined by a little six year old, with her own Bible.  Minutes after that, once he realized that it was too quiet in the main part of the house, Ry joined us.  Because he hates to miss out on anything, he insisted on listening to the iPod with Mommy.  I was listening to a sermon by Chip Ingram on marriage and family life--he just sat there and listened with me.  Oh, I love it.  There will be a day, I miss always being "crowded".  
How cute is this?  Madeline came to me and asked me if I could take a picture of her stuffed animals.  She had arranged them specially on her bed.  So cute.

No comments: