Thursday, September 11, 2008
Our Dear Old Treadmill is Dead
I know this is strange. Who blogs about a piece of electronics that breaks? Really, I would not have thought this event would be blog worthy. But I am actually overcome with sadness. Truly, I was looking forward to the death of the treadmill for 2 reasons. One, since our move 4 years ago, the incline function has ceased to work. Of course this occurred as the treadmill was actively inclining, so I have spent the past 4 years running on a slight incline. Two, because I REALLY want an elliptical. Why the sadness??? Well, this was the first large purchase Matt and I made as a married couple. And this is the treadmill that has seen me through the last nine years. It has trained me through one marathon, a number of 10 milers, and a half marathon. It has trained me in pregnancy and gotten me back in shape after delivery. It has lived in all three of the houses Matt and I have owned. Strangely, it feels like such a part of me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Maybe you'll finally get what you've been dreaming off!
Post a Comment